Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Ranch!

Driving through at night!
The morning hunt! Or as I like to call it photo shoot! :)





Just me in the EARLY morning!
Steven and I My LOVE!
He caught me sleeping then sent this
picture to me to wake me up lol!
Watching a deer.

These pictures do no justice!
It was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!


I caught him sleeping in the evening hunt!
Watching rabbits...
and deer...
Just us!
Havelena!
and deer!
Oh the different senderos!
Hogs!
Stevie wanted to see a picture of the blind!

Love these cuties!


Lake blind with Sandra!

You can see the deer silhouette!






There he is we must have watched him for an hour!
He was chasing doe and all over the place
hen got right in front of the blind by Sandra!


Oh I love how you can see forever and the sunsets are amazing!















The moon in the late night!
Leaving to pick everyone up!
Charles said there are over 10 blinds on the over 1,400 acre ranch
with ranches all around us! So beautiful!


Rattle snake Charles killed!
Cows!









We thank her for her food.
Steven's 4th doe. Yes I cried as I had watched her for
about an hour then I had to see the inevitable.
This was the last day and he wanted to get some meat to take home.
I appreciate my food in a whole new way knowing where it comes from.
Buddy got the buck, I enjoyed watching him graze!

We got the hog and for the first time ever going to try to smoke
it this weekend for grandma's 83rd birthday!
Hope it turns out good!
Aiden got the rabbits and is planning on making rabbit stew!
Good job to Buddy!



Steven hard at work!


We are tired! Got up at 4:30 every morning!
Had a great time visiting and learning several wonderful dishes to make
with Sandra it was so fun!!!! Love being  in nature.
I will say it was very tough watching the deer fall. That was the first time
I had ever seen it happen in front of me. INTENSE but makes you
truly appreciate your food and where it comes from.
Thank you to Sandra and Charles for teaching us SO much!
We love you both so much and just had a great time visiting with EVERYONE!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
What a nice, peaceful, hard working, beautiful experience!


We will never forget our time at the ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving sweet comments!
I love to read them!

~Stephanie Hurst~